Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:52:58 AM EDT
Does anyone know if there is an accessory that will turn the magazine release into a fixed magazine, so the mag cannot be taken out of the receiver?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Weld the mag in place?  Wouldn't that be a bitch to load a fixed mag?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
okay, good point, me being new here and to AK's, however, I live in Calif. and just bought an AK lower that is not on our banned list, but will be soon, so one of the issues in making the gun legal is to have a fixed mag. On an AR, you can break the upper from lower and strip feed. I guess that is impossible with an AK. Any ideas on how to make this work?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
okay, good point, me being new here and to AK's, however, I live in Calif. and just bought an AK lower that is not on our banned list, but will be soon, so one of the issues in making the gun legal is to have a fixed mag. On an AR, you can break the upper from lower and strip feed. I guess that is impossible with an AK. Any ideas on how to make this work?

I don't think it would be impossible, not easy, but given the circumstances a decent alternative.

Either welding the mag to the receiver, or welding the mag catch in the close position should work.  If you decide to weld the mag to the receiver, be careful not to warp it.  From what I have read, it isn't very difficult to do.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I aren't you limited to 10 rounds in CA?  I personally think 10rd AK mags look funny, but if that is all you can have in CA . . .  that is all you can have.  It is a beautiful state, but you couldn't pay me enough to live there with their gun laws.

What ever you decide, make sure you post pics and how you did it, so that others may benefit.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I Check out his guys method. He uses a bolt to fix the mag catch and uses a cartridge to jamb the colt out of the way to load through the ejection port.    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=28079&page=3
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i wouldnt bother i think i would just leave the shit state like so many befor your but...
you could load 25-30 into a 40 from bottom of mag
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If your going to weld the thing in...why don't you get a 75rnd chinese drum and weld that in...
If you can't get it there because you live in Commiefornia,,,be imaginative!!!!!
As to how you aquire,,,find in  gunshows ,,trade a local whatever he wants............
I can't tell you what to do much less what I would do...But.......
If I had to weld some type of feeding device in place I would buy,find,swap for  a CHICOM 75rnd drum because it loads in the back...
Is there any reason WHY you can't weld a 75rnd drum????
As for the 10rnd limit...I belive it applies for detachable mags...Not permantly attched...
Like a permantly attached 75rnd drum....
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top