Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2006 9:55:58 AM EDT
I'm looking to swap out my AMD65 front end for a pistol front end with the shortened gas tube, etc.  I really like some of the complete builds I've seen, but I'd like to just get the front end.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe anyone sells just the front end, shortened or otherwise. Most folks here are cutting their barrels down for the pistol builds. Gunco website has a lot of info on building pistols. If you ask around, you might find someone here or at gunco who would be willing to cut your AMD barrel down. But if I was you, I would save the AMD for an original build, as they are getting to be real expensive to find. Get a real cheap $99 Romy kit and build that into a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Some one has some pistol part kits a week or so ago.  I think is was DPH Arms, but I can't find them on their site now however.

I knew I should have bought one when I saw it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
DPHArms did list them, $390 for a complete pistol kit (minus receiver).  I don't see them listed now though.  I read that many are going with the Romy kits and cutting them down.  I beleive that's what DPHArms was doing to his kits.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't believe anyone sells just the front end, shortened or otherwise. Most folks here are cutting their barrels down for the pistol builds. Gunco website has a lot of info on building pistols. If you ask around, you might find someone here or at gunco who would be willing to cut your AMD barrel down. But if I was you, I would save the AMD for an original build, as they are getting to be real expensive to find. Get a real cheap $99 Romy kit and build that into a pistol.

i'd do what he said, an AMD kit is getting rarer and rarer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Droog over at gunco does pistol front ends, he'll cut the barrel down recrown and shorten the gas tube for around 75 bucks shipped, I'm gonna have him do one for me i just havent gotten to that project yet. McM
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
tag, for my next project
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]

This used to be a ak74 barrel first time chopping a barrel myself. Still got a long way to go.  Not so hard if you have a few good tools. - Zap

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about reliability but check gunbroker they usually have a couple of pistol ready kits, most I have seen were made  from romanian kits.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump for my research
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]
somebody posted something about a guy on gunco. doing barrel shortening for 75 bucks and i went to gunco and searched all of the posts for a guy named droog. If anyone can give me some contact information for him i would greatly appreciate it! my email is [email protected]
or 281 468 7762
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]
hey this is in reply to your post about a guy over at gunco named droog that can shorten ak front ends for 75 bucks. i cant seem to find him or any of his contact info. any help would be greatly appreciated! s******@shsu.edu or ### ### ####
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Look for him here
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top