Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:55:17 AM EDT
I'm wanting to order one because I heard they were good, but don't know witch one and find there decsriptions vague. Which receiver should i get? I'd be building a romy kit(into a sporting rifle of course) if it makes any difference.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Just get the 1mm receiver.  You have to machine down the trunions with thier 1.6mm receiver to make them fit.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the 1.6mm reciver requires that the trunnion be shaved down....
But Global/Arsenal only charges 12 dollars to DIF  and a $8.00  return for 20 bucks total.
I had a trunnion done and it was 2 weeks time total...From the time it left to return.

AND YES I AGREE the 1mm is easier but if you can only find a 1.6mm,it is still not that big of a deal...But both front and rear trunnions have to be narrowed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the 1mm.  I've built several with them, they are excellent.  I've never seen the 1.6mm, but with the 1mm being good to go as is, I don't see any reason to try one.  Get a double hook G2 trigger, a break, and a handle or gas piston, and you are on your way.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You want a 1MM TYPE 2.... Do NOT order anything special, unless you are very young, and and are very patient.

Shipping time from order date will be two months, based on latest hard data from members.  Ignore what they tell you.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top