Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:04:12 PM EDT
Leaving out the dreaded 3rd hole and the little metal arm of course.  What I am getting at is can I make a LEGAL semi auto using the original trigger parts that came with the parts kit or am I stuck shelling out the $34.00 for the G2?

OMP

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont think you can use the trigger tho they hold the hammer to high.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#3]
So it wont be FA though correct?  I have nosey neighbors and I dont want the alpahbet crew visiting me.  What do you mean about the hammer being too high?

Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I used the Hungarian fire control group on my pistol and it functions fine.  I am not sure what the "hold the hammer too high" stuff is all about.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe it was just my sar, i tried a romey trigger trying to see if the grity feeling would go away and it held the hammer higher than the trigger it came with did, caused the carrier to bind up on the hammer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmm going to be a trick figuring out how it goes back in though, doesn tlook the same as the SAR 3 I have sitting next to it.  Any hints...?

OMP

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the semi auto trigger that came with some Hungarian 63 and 65 kits.  They work very well when 922r compliance isnt an issue.  Most other kits come with either a mismatched disconnector or a FA FCG that used a rate reducer.  To make the latter work well, you need to put some kind of a spacer in to take up the space of the rate reducer.  All things considered, the G2 is usually the best route.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top