Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:18:08 PM EDT
My slant break has a little slop in it, not enough to nick a round.  Will a tight break make any differance at all?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know how loose you mean. You dont want that thing blowing off on you. Might concider silver soldering it or maybe trying another slant brake man. I had a FAL blow it compensator off and it wasnt the most pleasant experience i ever had. No one was hurt, but the potential was there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Leave it alone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry about it just shoot it. Carbon will build up and make it tight if your worried about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It is totaly on there it will not get shot off.  It screws on and has a spring loaded pin holding it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct it will not come off unless you intentionally press the detent pin and unscrew the brake.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
blue lock tite will stop the wiggle, do not modify other than adding lock tite....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
My slant brake wouldnt screw all the way down. With the indent pushed, it had 1/2 turn to go until the indent would catch. I unscrewed it, and filed it very carefully on a metal file, taking off a small amount at a time. It took a few minutes between filing and fitting, but 5 minutes later, it screwed all the way down, with the pin fitting in the slot. Just be sure to file evenly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
file the end so it fits tight against the fsb
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Dab of RTV?  I would think that would snug things up but not make it difficult to remove or adjust in the future.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I do what socandyman said on most of my AKs, file the back of brake until it fits tight.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top