Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:16:49 PM EDT
Noob here, asking if anybody has built up an Ohio Ordnance receiver with a Romanian AKM kit?  I have the opportunity to hand pick the kit but, was wondering if there are any problems fitting it to an OOW receiver.
I have heard the Bulgarian kits may pose a problem. Any help/tips appreciated.  This is my first AK build.
TIA
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it turned out great you just have to file down the front of the receiver obout 1/16 and maybe a little off the back. Some people dont like them becouse of that I guess it is to much work for some people ,me I dont mind. just do alot of reading to learn as much as you can if you get stuck I am sure someone will help you ouy

BLM

ETA and welcome to the darkside
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The ITM receivers are not perfect, but are an American answer to a Comblock receiver. No x-y axis pressings, no selector pressing and the 7.62 version has a low selector hole. They are a good receiver to build on if one does not want to duplicate the exact receiver that was cut from the rifle in the first place. I have used several with no problems except the selector hole.

Quoted:
Noob here, asking if anybody has built up an Ohio Ordnance receiver with a Romanian AKM kit?  I have the opportunity to hand pick the kit but, was wondering if there are any problems fitting it to an OOW receiver.
I have heard the Bulgarian kits may pose a problem. Any help/tips appreciated.  This is my first AK build.
TIA

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The ITM receivers are not perfect, but are an American answer to a Comblock receiver. No x-y axis pressings, no selector pressing and the 7.62 version has a low selector hole. They are a good receiver to build on if one does not want to duplicate the exact receiver that was cut from the rifle in the first place. I have used several with no problems except the selector hole

the last 2 I have bought do not have a low selector hole there is no gap anymore
I compared it to my other one the logo is turned clockwise a little bit thats how you can tell when they changed it . It is not strait with the bottom of the receiver no big deal I dont mind the logo anyways
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top