BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:07:39 AM EDT
delete
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That's because they aren't english sized holes. They're metric.......... 3mm to be exact. And make sure you use at minimum a cobalt drill bit, those bases are friggin' HARD.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy the actual 3mm retainer pins from K-Var but.............metric drill rod (not "dowel") and drill bits are available from all of these folks........

www.use-enco.com/

or

www1.mscdirect.com/

or

www.jlindustrial.com/

or even..........

www.victornet.com/cgi-bin/victor/index.html

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can buy the actual 3mm retainer pins from K-Var but.............metric drill rod (not "dowel") and drill bits are available from all of these folks........

www.use-enco.com/

or

www1.mscdirect.com/

or

www.jlindustrial.com/

or even..........

www.victornet.com/cgi-bin/victor/index.html

Thanks for the help, never had so much trouble trying to find a metric drill bit in my life. almost makes me just want to drill it out to a 1/8 and be done with it since i have 1/8 dowel rod available.

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help, never had so much trouble trying to find a metric drill bit in my life. almost makes me just want to drill it out to a 1/8 and be done with it since i have 1/8 dowel rod available.

Shawn

that's what i did on 2 SAR's i refinished and un-neutered for a guy.

just talked with him today when i saw this thread and he said nary an issue with his.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shawn

that's what i did on 2 SAR's i refinished and un-neutered for a guy.

just talked with him today when i saw this thread and he said nary an issue with his.

whats the pros and cons of boring to 1/8? i am seriously thinking about doing this....
shawn
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top