Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:24:51 AM EDT
i'm splitting the costs of building supplies with a buddy and he is buying the spot welder.  i have everything else to do my build.  he's in the process of modifying the tongs, so it's unavailable right now.

so far i have bent my flat, riveted the trunion, and repressed in the barrel, and riveted the trigger guard.  I stopped there b/c i think the next thing is to put the rails in.  

can i go ahead and rivet in the rear trunion and finish her up  with the exception of the rails and center rivet and do those at the end w/o screwing anything up?

thanks
caspian
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
yes

MLW
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i'm splitting the costs of building supplies with a buddy and he is buying the spot welder.  i have everything else to do my build.  he's in the process of modifying the tongs, so it's unavailable right now.

so far i have bent my flat, riveted the trunion, and repressed in the barrel, and riveted the trigger guard.  I stopped there b/c i think the next thing is to put the rails in.  

can i go ahead and rivet in the rear trunion and finish her up  with the exception of the rails and center rivet and do those at the end w/o screwing anything up?

thanks
caspian

You might want to wait. Otherwise you may not be able to get the spot welder tong inside.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I would wait because if you install anything else in there, you will not be able to get the spot welder tong in the right position to weld it in the right places. Do it right the first time.

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks
caspian

You might want to wait. Otherwise you may not be able to get the spot welder tong inside.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It is much easier to spot weld the rails, going in from the rear. Hold off on the rear trunnion.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top