Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:11:23 PM EDT
I have some extra rivets and was wondering if I could attach the lower rails with them. I know that spot welding would look alot better but I do not have the skills or access to the equiptment. I have seen others use screw and locking nuts. What do you guys think? Do you foresee any problems. I think by cutting the rivets down alittle the inside wouldnt be any thicker than a nut. Thanks for your help. Josh
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
drill holes threw the rec (not the rails)
and tack weld them in
if you dont have a welder
gotto a muffler shop they will prolly do it for like 5 bucks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I used tinners rivets to install the lower rails once.  It didnt look all that great, but it did work.  I put several rivets in each rail.

I think you will have a hard time getting regular AK rivets smashed due to access problems.  Tinners rivets (from your local hardware store) are softer and will smash easier.  

The rifle has held up fine so far, but I have only put a few hundred rounds through it.  I use it for my beater.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top