Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2006 6:41:46 AM EDT
How is the receiver reinforcement plate installed when building an underfolder?  Does anyone have some pics they can post?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Never done it before myself but I'm pretty sure you're going to need to spot weld it on to the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't have a spot welder at the time so I silver soldered the plate on. Still holding so far.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
you need to spotweld befor you install the rear block

or if you dont have a spot welder
drill 4 1/8 in holes threw the rec install plate and tack from inside rec with wirefeed
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the plate required?  Does anyone have some pics of it installed?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I tack welded it from the outside, drill five holes in the plate, align it accordingly and plug weld the holes shut. Pretty simple. McM
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is the plate required?  Does anyone have some pics of it installed?  

this is my biggest question, it looks to keep the rear section of the receiver from twisting, whats the real deal, is it realy needed, can u salvage the plate from the old rec stub or not, do you have to buy a new one ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
For semi auto fire or shall i say with the ammount of firing you will ever do you will not have a problem, I installed it because its correct and thats it. You can barely even see it with the pistol grip attached so its not really for asthetic reason, just pure correctness. McM
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top