Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:29:29 AM EDT
I posted this over on General Discussion, but Jeepcreep suggested I try here:

How difficult is it to change out the magazine catch on an Bulgarian kit built AK-74 ?

Does the entire trigger gaurd need to be removed ? Does any rivetting need to be done, or is it a simple as removing a specific pin ?

Anyone know of any online guides that show how to do this ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I posted this over on General Discussion, but Jeepcreep suggested I try here:

How difficult is it to change out the magazine catch on an Bulgarian kit built AK-74 ?

Does the entire trigger gaurd need to be removed ? Does any rivetting need to be done, or is it a simple as removing a specific pin ?

Anyone know of any online guides that show how to do this ?

Thanks.

What's wrong with the one on the gun now?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The current one on the rifle is a round 'paddle-style' release, and I want to replace it with an original Bulgarian release.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#3]
No need to remove the whole guard.

See the long pin between the spring and the 5 rivets? You can use a punch to push it out. The ends are flared to keep it in place.

Putting it all back together takes 3 hands, though.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Putting it back together is similar to giving 2 cats, a python and 4 gerbils a bath in kerosene...at the same time.

I would try it and if you get lucky, great...if not spend some time making a tool that will compress and hold the spring.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top