Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:46:23 AM EDT
I have bought 3 Romy kits from DPH that should be here any day now.  I am tempted to buy a Romy folder to put on one of them for a little variation.  Any comments as to do it or not to?  As well where's a good place to pick one up?  I see DPH has some, anywhere else thats considerably cheaper?  I don't mind getting from DPH since they are great to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 Any comments as to do it or not to?

Romy folders are nothing new. If you want a good wire folder they are one of the best. There are two different versions. Push button and lever release. The push buttons are offset more to the left which offer better cheek weld. Most of the ones I've seen offered lately are the lever style which closer resemble the EG's. If you have the money, get one. You won't be disappointed. Copedist and CFS both have them listed as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up 2 Romy pushbutton folders on the EE.  One for $40 shipped and one for $30 shipped.  They were both welded and it took me about 20 minutes to "unweld the $40 one and about 10 minutes to "unweld" the $30 one.  I think they are an awesome folder for the price.  I just wish I had one of the lever style ones just to see how it compares to the pushbutton ones.  Now is the time to get one since there is a fresh batch in country.  When the supply is low I have seen them go for $100!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Push-buttons are great if your right handed.
If your a port-sider like me they make it worse.
I got the early lever type herecopesdist.com/ak47.htm

This guy may still have them cheaper, but I've never bought from him, so YMMV
www.fgsky.com/ak47.htm
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some $99 Romy kits from Centerfire.  I removed the receiver parts from one today.  Very nice kits, practically new.

What receiver would work with one of those side folders?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Romanian side folders are no different than a standard butt stock as far as mounting. Any receiver with a standard rear trunion will work. That's one of the reasons they are popular. If you get tired of the folder, just swap it out for a wood stock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Romanian side folders are no different than a standard butt stock as far as mounting. Any receiver with a standard rear trunion will work. That's one of the reasons they are popular. If you get tired of the folder, just swap it out for a wood stock.

Damn, that's nice.  Gotta get me one (or two) of those!

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Damn, that's nice.  Gotta get me one (or two) of those!

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top