Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 2:54:10 AM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a Polish Under-Folder AK kit very soon.

Who currently has the best condition kits available?

A little external finish wear is O.K., I'm more concerned with the condition of the bore...I'd also like to get a few accessories with the kit.

BTW- Ammunitonstore.com is out of the 99%+ condition kits that they had...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You may want to delete this thread since you've already got responses to your identicle thread in the main discussion area. That'll keep confusion down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
i got a 90%+ kit from Ammunitionstore.  it rates at maybe 40-50%  i just sent it back and am waiting for the exchange.  i had to foot the shipping bill too.  they say their rating is on the barrel only!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got one from Copes.  It is pretty nice shape!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am anxiously awaiting mine from Sportmans Guide.  Will post condition when I get it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my last kit in that I can afford. Polish UF from Ammunition Store. I got the $250 shipped deal with the 4 mags and accessories. It's the best one I've gotten yet. I'd call the overall finish 80%, barrel excellent. Bolt too. Looks like it was rarely fired. Mags are as close to new as used ones can be. Sling and bayo excellent. 1981 model. Kit has matching numbers. I'm real pleased. Its the last I can order for now and it's a keeper. Has an extra cleaning rod. Only weak point is the pistol grip is a bit roughed up. That's no biggie as it's a good part to replace for compliance.
So it's a notch better in finish than the Copes kit. Way better in finish than the SG kit. Otherwise all are excellent fodder for a build. I'd call  the AS kit a slightly better bargain than the Copes one if you need the extra mags. Its a nice package deal.

I got another box in from Centerfire today too. Eight used Yugo mags, pouches and some SKS stuff. Good mags for the cost. Still have over half  their finish. No rust. Light coating of cosmo to clean off. I plan to clean and refinish them in Gunkote when I do the rifle. The were a good buy.

As a newbie here, I have ordered in a pile of goodies from Copes, Centerfire, SG, the Ammunition store and some little stuff from others. All orders were filled w/i a week. Great service from all. Hell, I have a JoeKen AKM and Pro Mag mags too. And they all work great for me. Considering some of the comments I have read here, I must be blessed. I'm batting a thousand so far.

Here's hoping you other new guys share my luck!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here is one choice
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8153

and another
www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7466

Wow! Those look awesome. (Looks in my bank account)

Excuss my ignorance, but kits can be still imported with the barrel? What the deal with that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Skip that and buy one from DAn's ammo.  $245 shipped, and the kits are unfired or near unfired condition.  He even offers a 3 day inspection and return policy.  

I have seen one of the kits and was amazed...it literally was a brand new rifle that carefully had the center section of the receiver removed.  Not a signel round down the barrel!  It actually made me sad to see such a thing done to an unfired rifle!

www.dansammo.com  and look a round a bit.  Most the stuff links to the same page of kits/parts/etc
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one of the "Collector Grade" kits from Dan's Ammo...

I won't get to see it until I get Home from Kuwait in May, but I wanted to get one before they were gone...

I've only read good things about the kits from Dan's, so I went ahead and ordered one.

46 days and counting...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Dan's has the best Polish Underfolder kits out their for sure. I bought two from him and doesn't even looked fired. Awesome kits and a great guy to buy from.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
For what it's worth, you might want to pass on the grade 1 (aka collector grade) kits if a good metal finish is what attacts you to them.  The black paint finish on Polish kits is pure crap and will turn into purple ink if solvants like acetone, carb cleaner, bore scrubber, etc come into contact with it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes off with Hoppes #9 too. Personally, I'd only be concerned about a good barrel (which almost all of them have) and good condition wood furniture.  The metal on these Polish kits should be refinished even if it's in "good" or "excellent" condition with something more durable like GunKote or MolyResin.  Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one of the parkerized kits from DPH arms.  It looks new and uninssued.  All the #s match (except bayonet of course), and I couldn't be happier.  Kinda pricey, though.
dph underfolder
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Man I wish I had gotten a deal like that.   My kit from gunthings.com had very little finish left and showed some wear.  The pistol grip looks like it was dropped on concrete a few times....  but the wood looked good and the barrel looks great... I'm going to refinish it anyway so no big deal.  Besides, I have a feeling the finish on these rifles only lasts one day if use anyway.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got 3 Polish UF kits from Dans Ammo.  Guy I talked to on the phone said they were all real nice.  I ordered 3 of the Collectors grade @ 249.00 each..  I guess his idea of Collectors grade is NEW!!!!!!!
2 of the kits look brand new, I mean not a ding in the wood or grips not any marring on the extractor or discoloration on the bolt face or piston.  3rd kit looks almost new, some of the finish is off the bolt face little off the carrier little paint missing from the rear of the folding stock, but everything else looks pristine..  I would have been more than satisfied if all 3 had looked like the used one.  Some of the accessories were new some slightly used, and all the mags looked slightly used.  All in all I would definately recommend Dans Ammo..  BTW he didn't or doesn't charge shipping to Nevada..

John P...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://www.dansammo.com/images/inv/o016.jpg

I won't get to see it until I get Home from Kuwait in May, but I wanted to get one before they were gone...

I've only read good things about the kits from Dan's, so I went ahead and ordered one.

46 days and counting... hr

Funny thing I noticed is that all of these photos appear to be from Akron Armory's website.

www.akronarmory.com

What give on that?

I got my two PMKMS Underfolders from Akron Armory and they are undeniably perfect like new ones too. The accessories were just brand new and the mags look as if they were never in a gun. These are as nice as the Bulgarian 74 kits I got from ORF two years ago.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.dansammo.com/images/inv/o016.jpg

46 days and counting...

Funny thing I noticed is that all of these photos appear to be from Akron Armory's website.

www.akronarmory.com

What give on that?

I got my two PMKMS Underfolders from Akron Armory and they are undeniably perfect like new ones too. The accessories were just brand new and the mags look as if they were never in a gun. These are as nice as the Bulgarian 74 kits I got from ORF two years ago.

Actually I think that the Akron photos probably came from Dan's..there was a conflagration here last year with Akron Armory
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys,

I also ordered a polish underfold from Dan's.  It looks brand new.  To put it in comparison, last week I ordered a Romanian hand pick from another popular vendor/website.  Got it the other day.  It's in decent shape, but no where near what the Polish one from Dan's is in.  In fact I almost considered sending the Romanian back.

Shenandoah
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine still had oil in the oil bottle but no blood on the bayo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Actually I think that the Akron photos probably came from Dan's..there was a conflagration here last year with Akron Armory

I never wanna look like a fool and I posted that I thought the photos posted in this thread looked like the same ones that are on on Akron Armory's web site and also the threads at AK Files, FAL Files, as well as Gunco.  Today when I got back in I called Akron and said I was interested in more kits.  I asked if their pictures on the web site were actually Akron's kits or just an example.

When I asked the question Bob laughed like hell. He said the photos were not only his photos taken of his kits but that the kits in the photos were sitting in a box not more than a few feet away from him. Seems a lot of sellers use his photos in their ads and some were people he did not even know.

Bob told me to notice the differences in the photos from various sites and compare them to his. He changes the accessorys in the photo as availability changes.

I found these.

http://members.aol.com/akronarmory/pmkmsorig

http://members.aol.com/akronarmory/pmkms

http://70.84.217.219/products/pmkms.jpg

Bob said even Buddy Hinton had used his photos of the AKMS underfolders, Tantals, and Yugoslavian 7.62x39 ammo as an example on Hinton's web site Sturmgewher. He gets a big kick out of that one.

As for the situation you refer to as a conflagration, Bob said he still sells a lot of kits to AR15 members and they always treated him well. He said the ruckas a few months back was a jealousy issue that was fanned out of contol by certain sellers and some of the trouble makers that have now left this board including saome moderators.

He also said to say HI to everybody here including his old pal me223.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Yep,all of those images are Bob's from his site. I bought kits from Bob Thursday IN PERSONand the kits used in the image were on a big green gun box .....with more just like them nearby. What a bunch of shit. A competitor or fellow that bought from one.... posting images from another man's (a competing vendor) web site and claiming them for himself and/or as the kits he is selling/or bought.

Jesus H. fucking khrist.

That is lower than whaleshit.

I have seen a few nasty deals on the internet.....but this is about the biggest load of a cumswollow I have seen this year.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top