Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
assuming i have the flat bent and trunion holes drilled, what order do i do the steps for a rivet build?

I don't want to get this thing 90% done and realize i forgot something that should have been done first.

thanks
caspian
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You can follow the steps mentioned here:

Surplus Rifles -- AK Build
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally have found it to be easier to install the barrel in the trunnion before riveting in the rear trunnion.  This way, if you can't get the barrel in quite right, you can get it out without having to remove the rear trunnion again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]

I guess I need to get in gear and finish writing the one I started (with pictures).
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a kit. Get a receiver. Build.
Rinse.
Repeat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I personally have found it to be easier to install the barrel in the trunnion before riveting in the rear trunnion.  This way, if you can't get the barrel in quite right, you can get it out without having to remove the rear trunnion again.

I agree, and also if you install the bbl THEN locate the rear tang by installing the dust cover with it, you get a nice fit for everything.

It's really annoying when the dust cover is too tight (though you can trim it, but then it's not stock anymore) or too loose....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I agree, and also if you install the bbl THEN locate the rear tang by installing the dust cover with it, you get a nice fit for everything.

It's really annoying when the dust cover is too tight (though you can trim it, but then it's not stock anymore) or too loose....

good point.  i never thought about that aspect.

thanks
caspian
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Set the rear receiver lenght using a bbl with trunnion.  When you remove the trunnion, before you remove the bbl clamp it in place on your new receiver, set the cover on (it will fit perfectly with the trunnion and bbl still together), the you have the right length.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#9]
That helped!

I'm waiting on receivers right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top