Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:23:12 PM EDT
centerfire systems has some cetme kits so I thought I'ld build one. Have any of you built one before
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've built a G3. Need some decent welding skill, and patience if you are going to re-use the cocking tube. Easier than an AK harder than an AR. Check out the quasi-tutorial at hkweaponsystems.com Do yourself a favor and spend the money for a JLD receiver. I had zero problems on my first time out. Some of the problems you can have with the cheaper receivers can be a pain to fix. Thats a good price for those kits given the current state of the market. (Same price ORF had on their G3 kits last year... $249 now)

ETA:hotlink
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
centerfire systems has some cetme kits so I thought I'ld build one. Have any of you built one before

You can go over to CETME Rifles where several of the members have done builds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys, I've got another ak kit from tapco to start on later in the spring, I'll talk to you then
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top