Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:11:09 PM EDT
i have a sks and love the thing so i figure an ak would be just as fun if not funner im just wonderin if its legal to build your own ak-47 in california if u use all american made parts, and its semi.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically an AK with the gas system disabled so the rifle would behave like a bolt action would keep it from being an "assault weapon", semi makes it illegal here, The hang-up is that you still need a receiver and I don't think bending flats will fly here and it seems to be impossible to find an FFL willing to transfer a manufactured receiver  that is not on the DOJs ban list. I would love  to build an AK but without the manufactured receiver I wont risk it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top