Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:01:54 PM EDT
I saw this on the AIM Surplus site.
I think they mean AK47, but it's a good price for 2 or more kits.
It doesn't say about matching numbers though.
Anyone order some of these?

Later,
Kyle

Item#AK-PK2
Romanian AK75 7.62x39 Rifle Replacement parts kit. Stamped receiver cut as per BATF. Includes 1-30rd magazine. Very-good to Excellent condition.

-  (1 item) $99.95
-  (2 or more) $89.95
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My 1st kit was from AIM, my second from Cope's and I have one coming from Tapco(yeah, I know, but $125 with a double hook G2 FCG, why not)

The AIM kit was Excellent rated in my book and the Cope's was Very Good. We shall see about the Tapco.

The only downside to the AIM kit was a standard AK lower front handguard and the mag was not in as good of shape as the kit. I was not worried about the HG because the AIM kit became this:

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I just completed an AIM build from a kit purchased in early December 2005.  It was far from excellent condition, but was certainly good to VG with an excellent bore.  All matching numbers, considerable finish wear, good wood that stripped and finished up nicely.  But certainly not like some of the other Romy kits that were close to unused.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw this on the AIM Surplus site.
I think they mean AK47, but it's a good price for 2 or more kits.
It doesn't say about matching numbers though.
Anyone order some of these?

Later,
Kyle

Item#AK-PK2
Romanian AK75 7.62x39 Rifle Replacement parts kit. Stamped receiver cut as per BATF. Includes 1-30rd magazine. Very-good to Excellent condition.

-  (1 item) $99.95
-  (2 or more) $89.95

If it was me and I had the money to buy two romy kits, I would buy one of the Hungarian SA-85 kits. The machine work and overall quality of the Hungarian rifles are far higher than that of a Romanian rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:10:09 AM EDT
[#4]
AH! Don't show me that price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a romy kit with a single mag from AIM in either November or December (I think the item # was AK-PK).   When I got it in the mail, it looked like it had never been fired at all, the finish was great, the wood stripped easily and refinished well (although it didn't need it if you wanted the original look), the chromed bore was in mint condition AND all the numbers matched.  It also shipped very quickly.

I highly recommend the kit from AIM... BUT... the G2 double hook FCG from Tapco is good for the parts count and, from what I read, frequently bought. It might cut down on overall shipping costs if you buy the Tapco kit with the G2 FCG along with a gas piston all on one ticket, but I don't know about the condition of Tapco's kits.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My Tapco kit is due in on Saturday. We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i bought from them a week or so ago and they told me i bought the last 2 kits.  did you verify they still have them in stock?  anyway, the ones i got were in good condition but nowhere near VG or Exc.  The numbers matched, but they'll need blasted, and parked to get up to par.

Caspian
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
"deleted"

Oops.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I received my Tapco kit w/ G2 FCG and I am very happy with it. It has seen a little use, not unfired like my original AIM kit, but the wood is the best I have seen so far. On previous kits the stock had bubbled varnish from the torch cutting the receiver, this wood is almost perfect. The only visible wear on the exterior is on the cleaning rod and slant brake, which will be replaced with a US slant brake. Matching numbers and after a couple of swipes with a boresnake, a nice sharp mirror bore. The best deal so far.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey JR,

Looks like the wood set on your kit is in great shape.
I have some work to do on the sets I'm building this weekend, but that's part of the fun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:34:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I do not mind working on the wood myself, but I plan to do one build as a bone stock Guard rifle so I am glad that I received a set of wood that needs no work. That will be build #1, build #2 will be with a Romanian side folding stock.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top