BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:12:00 AM EDT
I just finished my FEG SA-85

Passed the range test with flying colors, plus it shoots nice

This is a group with my last 3 builds

This is my first build, an Romanian AKM. I did it in the dark as a learning experance. This one has problems and is going to be rebuilt from the ground up now that I know what I'm doing.

This is my second build, an RPK. I was able to do a much better job on it after the Romanian.
Is a real nice shooter.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
On the RPK, did you grind down the trunnion to get it to be flat-sided or did it come that way?  I just ordered a kit and it has the bulges.  I thought they all did.  What nationality was the kit you used?  Just curious; don't know that much about RPKs.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]

It's a Romanian RPK kit.

I had a buddy mill the humps off the trunion.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice builds, I'm digging the AMD63, I missed out on those. Good job. McM
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You're providing me with some inspiration Kryten.     Thanks for sharing the pix.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice builds! Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
great looking builds, job well done congrats
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

I've always been a tinkerer, and with my love of guns, building these and AR-15's seemed a natural.

I've still have 4 or 5 more to go, including a mint unissed Yugo RPK.

I'm saving it for last.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

I've always been a tinkerer, and with my love of guns, building these and AR-15's seemed a natural.

I've still have 4 or 5 more to go, including a mint unissed Yugo RPK.

I'm saving it for last.

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/kryten01/yugo.jpg

Where'd you get the unissued Yugo RPK kit?

And I'll say it again...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Fine Looking weapons
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]

sgtstinger,

When the kit's first came into the country, I know a person who was the first one to go thru the kits (he went thru about 600) and found about a dozen in this condition.

It's all matching numbers and perfect.

I was able to score these 2, the top for a buddy and the bottom one for me (the best of the 2).

He hasn't decieded on if or when he will sell another, but I have first dibb's on one.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Just found this one, the FEG brfore picture.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
[smartass mode] I think I know part of the problem with your romyAKM.  It looks like you are missing your FCG and your safety..... [smartass mode off]

SRM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice builds, if you ever decide to sell that yugo RPK kit (which i'm sure you wont). I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Boy do I have egg on my face, how could I have forgotten the FCG

The real problem with it is the front trunion is a little cock-eyed do to my first try at setting rivets. I plan on grinding them off, removing them, and re-riveting it. Should not be to bad to do.

As far as the YUGO RPK's, I've made him an offer to buy the rest of the ones he has left. The main reason he got them was for an investment against the barrel ban.

Fingers crossed
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top