Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:12:38 PM EDT
I picked up a decent M70 U/F kit. I have some questions concerning the rear of the receiver.

1. Will the bolt cutter squeezers go deep enough to get all the rivets on the sides?

2. I am guessing I will have to build a jig to rivet in the grip plate/support on the underside - is this correct?

3. Will a little elbow grease and effort loosen up the staking on the dust cover take down locking pin?

BTW, I haven't yet made my rivet squeezing tool, and if a larger size is needed to get those deep rivets, I'll pick that up before getting the smaller one for a Romy build.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't built mine yet, but here's what I do know.
1. I've read 24" cutters will work if you notch the cross plate on the cutter to reach the lower rivets.
2. That's what I guessed as well.
3. I used a visegrip and a modified screwdriver. Mine required very little effort to remove. Gripped the button with the visegrip (very little pressure) and the nut loosened right off. The staking looks worse than what it is.

I've got two pair of 24" cutters. The $9.99 sale was a no brainer.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top