Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:21 PM EDT
I need to know if you can install the stock holder after the front trunion has been installed.

Don't ask....

Any tricks to intalling these little bastards

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
on of the best tutorials is at www.gunsgutsandgod.com

I dismantled my underfolder by following his installation instructions in reverse.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
deleted duplicate post
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I need to know if you can install the stock holder after the front trunion has been installed.

Don't ask....

Any tricks to intalling these little bastards

Thanks

If you're talking about the folder's latch, yes it can be done, but will be more difficult to file the opening. You can just drill the latch pin hole through the top of the trunnion (as long as the barrel isn't in yet). Then just enlarge the through-hole in the receiver to match the diameter of the latch-pin.

The rear hinge block won't be any more difficult to install with the trunnion in or not.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to say it was a side folder..

Barrell is installed alredy..actually the whole gun is complete.

Can I drill through the bottom of the reciever and into the trunion (slightly) just enough for the pin to fit..I can mark the drill bit at the length of the pin..that way I don't drill into my barrell.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Forgot to say it was a side folder..

Barrell is installed alredy..actually the whole gun is complete.

Can I drill through the bottom of the reciever and into the trunion (slightly) just enough for the pin to fit..I can mark the drill bit at the length of the pin..that way I don't drill into my barrell.

Thanks

you could do that,...but if it was me and my gun,..and was already headspaced and fine,.. i would take the barrel out just enough so i wouldent have to worry about drilling into the barrel.

but thats just me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#6]
dont worrie about the hole hitting your barrel it inly gos in like 3/16

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the replies..

I still can't locate any instructions on how the spring actually goes in the reciever..

Any hints.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I will tell you that it is easier to do this by putting a long slave pin (drill bit) through the top hole in the trunion after the barrel has been removed.

Then you can put the spring and latch onto the long slave pin and hold the parts in place and drive it out with the small correct pin through the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies..

I still can't locate any instructions on how the spring actually goes in the reciever..

Any hints.

Thanks

plese excuse the window licking third grader look,..............

hope it helps
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Cruzie27 thanks for the pics.. what is the easiest way to get the spring in the reciever?

Thanks again guys
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Cruzie27 thanks for the pics.. what is the easiest way to get the spring in the reciever?

Thanks again guys

Quoted:
I will tell you that it is easier to do this by putting a long slave pin (drill bit) through the top hole in the trunion after the barrel has been removed.

Then you can put the spring and latch onto the long slave pin and hold the parts in place and drive it out with the small correct pin through the bottom.

i used a tiny cross tip screwdriver,..it was all i had handy at that particular moment
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top