User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:45:57 PM EDT
Which is better?

Romainian kit at cope's w/g2 for $134.99 +$7.95 shipping = $142.94

or

Romanian kit from Tapco.com w/g2 for $124.99 + $5.95 shipping = $130.94

Besides the obvious difference of $12.00,  Is there any difference in quality?  Anyone with experience from them?  

Any comments, opinions, tips, links to somewhere else for a better buy is
welcomed.  Thank you.

-Instante
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought that same deal from copes and the service was excellent, i received the kit in three days, its in perfect condition, well worth it in my opinion. I cant comment on tapco's deal, all my other rommy kits have come from DPH. McM
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Matching numbers, non canted sight, are important to me.  The finish doesnt matter because I plan on refinishing it anyways and replacing the wood with something from ironwood.  

Is now the time to buy kits or all this barrel ban just hype?  There were millions of ak's made, if I were an importer and heard news about the ban....I would import as much as I could before the ban.  So there are way enough kits to go around.  I just don't see how prices are creeping already.

Thoughts, comments, tips welcomed.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought that same deal from copes and the service was excellent, i received the kit in three days, its in perfect condition, well worth it in my opinion. I cant comment on tapco's deal, all my other rommy kits have come from DPH. McM

Same comment here but reverse.  I bought from Tapco and had good service, but can't comment on dph.
My Tapco kits had matching numbers and looked good to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
They all came over on the same boat, didn't they?  Unless you're looking for handpicks, go with the best deal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The nicest Romy kits I have came from Bocefus. He still has Excellent Condition kits for $99 plus $10 flat shipping per order. The kits I got from him appeared to be unfired.

I am a repeat customer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought my Romanian kits from DPH. Came out to 113.07 for a Grade A kit. First kit was a 1980 all matching, 2nd was a 1986 w/ all matching except for the recoil spring. Scott was reading in the thread I posted about trading for a 1986 kit....Good dealer.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've not ordered from copes but the Romy kits that you are talking about are matching numbers.  From the Tapco kits I have ordered only one of the three have been matching number kits.

I think it is a wise idea to order the kits that include the US made FCG. he
By the way, my tapco kits turned out very nice.  The stocks just needed a little TLC.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
As I Told you on the phone, I got one from Tapco about 2 months ago. It was the best kit I have gotten yet. appears unnissued, and I have not had any canted sights on any Romy kit I have bought. I think thats just a century Import thing. buy as many as you can now,so you can sell em' to me later!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my Romy from Cope's, it was matching number including the G2 trigger group for $125.  It looks like Cope's raised their Romy kit prices $10 in the last week or so.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have gotton two Romys for 89.00 each that were brand spankin new with matching numbers throughout.  These were not even handeld.  Paper in the barrel, zero wear around the whole weapon.  The only sad thing was the knowing that a perfectly good weapon was cut up with a torch.  What a shame, but if thats how it had to get here, so be it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top