Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:07:02 PM EDT
OK I am almost done with my first build but I cnnot make sense of the trigger group.  Any links would be greatly appreciated.  I cannot figure out where the long skinny spring is supposed to go.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If by long skinny spring, you mean the one that is about 3 inches long with a coil on the end, that is for full auto.  You need to make or buy a semiauto retainer.  I prefer the L shaped type. There is a lot of info on this out there.  I would search it for you, but you can probably do it just as easy.  There is probably something in the library or the FAQs.  There are also some pictorials at other sites as well that you can hit through Google.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Tutorial is great, I will add this:

The Shepherd's hook retainer is bogus... most receivers leave so little room under the FCG pin that installation can be a pain. The new way is a retainer plate, sold by several AK parts companies (Tapco, DPH, RedStar, etc etc). It sets into the hammer pin then rotates over and catches the FCG pin, and is held in place by the Safety. $12 well worth it. You can buy one and trace it out on sheet metal and make 5 more in about an hour.

Also, there is the E clip method. This is the cheapest and easiest way to keep those pins in. Take your pins to the hardware store and find some clips that fit tight. Using a magnetic tip screwdriver, you can install them in seconds and if they are tight, they will not come off.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's another tutorial I found
Right myah.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellant tutorial, but I have always put the hammer in first. Just the way I found was easiest.

Quoted:
Here's another tutorial I found
Right myah.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top