Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:08:36 PM EDT
ive ordered a few kits lately and im kinda hoping that its not too late to get into the game, lately though ive been looking at an M92 and have been told that it needs to be registered as an sbr?  200 dollar tax stamp and all, but then the guy gave some other info about parts counts and it didnt seem right to me.(bogus) i would really like to know what it will take to build an M92 and have it LEGAL to own. as soon as i gather all of my needed parts, i cant wait to try my first build., then i can leave my poly's in the safe. thanks for the great info guys!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
you need to do 1 of 3 thangs

1 build as sbr pay 200 bucks jump threw the hoops and keep the 92 its orig length
you will not need us parts a sbr dosnt fall under 922r

2 add a barrel ext to make the barrel 16 inchs and perm attach it
you will have to buy us parts but you dont have to pay the 200 tax

3 build as a pistol dont install the folder you can use the orig brake
and no need for us parts or a tax stamp

last the m92 isnt a first build rifle
you should really start with a rommy or somethang fairly cheap and easy

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply! and yes i do have Romy kits and waiting for parts. also waiting on a yugo folder kit ..the M92 is just a thought and would most likely be left to a pro. Is the tax stamp worth it or would most do the pistol?   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I built one as a pistol using the folder trunion but not opening the holes.

I don't like it as a pistol.  I'm thinking about SBR'ing it but I'm not sure about the underfolder (don't like underfolders that much).  If you do the math, it's only a little extra to SBR it vs 922 parts.

If I don't SBR it I'll end up selling it and probably selling the other M92 kits I have.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top