Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:00:18 PM EDT
The Ewbanks receivers marked 7.62X39 are actually 5.45X39 receivers. I built this Bulgarian 74 today on a Ewbanks generationII receiver without predrilled trunnion holes. I riveted on the trigger guard, then set the front trunnion, then the rear block. Assembled and it is smooth, no filing polishing etc was required. Easy Easy build.

Edit to add: Mags lock up tight, no wobble at all.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
funny old world, isn't it?

I just finished a Ewbanks 7.62 today also, I had to cut off some of the ejector, and trim the mag well a fair amount in the rear, and up inside that little thing sticking out on the bottom of the lower rail, (above the dimple)

All these are indications that it is actually a 5.45

edit: oh and it has selector gap, just like a oow when building a 7.62
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
funny old world, isn't it?

I just finished a Ewbanks 7.62 today also, I had to cut off some of the ejector, and trim the mag well a fair amount in the rear, and up inside that little thing sticking out on the bottom of the lower rail, (above the dimple)

All these are indications that it is actually a 5.45

edit: oh and it has selector gap, just like a oow when building a 7.62

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
interestingly enough, the ewbanks has the same little jig-alignment holes that every tapco flat i've ever built has had on the bottom.

those holes are used for nothing more than lining up the tapco flat on the bending jig.

i found this a rather intriguing feature.  *shrug*
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top