Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:55:27 AM EDT
The title says it all. Based on your experience. Don't want to try Eubanks, but do want to stick with a fully drilled 100% reciever.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Eubanks is the only game in town with the holes already drilled. Personally i havent used a eubanks receiver for a build but from what i have read its hit or miss on the holes lining up, most of the time you have to egg the holes for the rivet to fit, but i guess the head of the rivet will cover up the egging of the hole. As far as what you are looking for, there are no receivers made on the market that dont require some adjustments, they all need to be fine tuned to work properly. Drilling holes are easy, buy a dial caliper and make precise measuremnts and you'll be fine, you can also use the paper/tape trick that candyman came up with, i havent used it but a lot of people swear by his technique. McM
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help. Maybe drilling holes won't be bad. I'm buying a drill press tomorrow and I guess I'd rather drill the holes and have them be exact. I'm not very mechanically inclined so the whole build process is daunting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just take your sweet ass time when building, ask alot of questions on here and we'll walk you through it, measure everything two-three times before cutting or drilling and you should be fine. McM
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do drill your own holes, this makes it really simple!  Just make sure you get everything lined up properly.  Thanks goes to Socandyman.

www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=83
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Global/Armory USA fan.  Built 2 so far on them, both went BANG the first time, I pulled the trigger,  1K rounds no feed problems.  Drilled my own holes no problem with the tape trick.  Ordered both with the parkerized finish, 1 matched the Rommy I built perfectly, didn't have to paint or mess with it at all after I built it.  [Was a '77 kit, grey parked]   Worth the wait.  -=NOTE=-  DCI is comming out with a receiver for AKMs, said to be due late Jan-early Feb.  I'm waiting on builds to see.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a Eubanks reciever without any problems
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a Ewbanks receiver for my first build and it was fine.

Like they said you have to adjust the trunion holes a bit, shave a little off of the extractor and clean up the mag well.

Scott at DPH arms will get you a good receiver and will answer any questions/issues you have.

I know they are better receivers, but DPH arms has me hooked on his $89 kits and $50 receivers.

Something about building $200 AKs that makes me very very happy.

Hell I stopped by his house and got another kit and receiver today
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top