Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:13:09 PM EDT
Or alternatively, what receiver would be the best starting point ? I have the drawings, it doesn't look too tough, just kinda precise -
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
ORF was selling some Ohio ordnance receivers with the cuts already made, you had to pay more of course, i dont know if their offering that receiver anymore.  I was nervous when i did mine, it was my second build, but when i called the local ak gunsmith and had him quote me a 100 bucks to install the trunnion and the catch i decided to do it on my own. I used the templates and drawings off of pookies site and just went slow and measured everything two to three times before i cut. The only thing i messed up on was the degree of angle on the rear of the receiver, i did it by eye and it came out to about 4 degrees and it should be cut at 6, all in all it came out real nice and i wouldnt hesitate to do another. McM

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Motorcityman,

You work encourages me to go ahead and do mine myself.  Thanks

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
AK-Builder offered them untill his supplier dried up.  I just missed getting one. I did manage to get one of his underfolder flats, nicely done.  I'm waiting to see if the side folders will be offered again.  Should probubly start a thread on a few other boards to see what shakes out of the tree.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
heres the AK-74 kit i built,shown on the bottom....its just like the AK-100 series,..not to hard to do,. take your time.
i am also building a AK-104 and a bulgy krinkov (AKS-74U) once i get the SBR paperwork back.

like said before pookies site is a nice little gem of info.

and take your time!!!

i forgot,.. it was built on a global 1.0mm revicer,...and all of the rest of my kits are going to be built on global recivers
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone have a link to the pookie site?-------thanks, nate7
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top