Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:24:27 PM EDT
I'm just BARELY starting to look into this...and I couldn't find this kit searching...

Any opinion on this kit?

If not, any links on how to match a reciever to it?  From what I read, that and the mag is all I would need with this kit.  Am I reading that incorrectly?  Also, what does "Cut to B.A.T.F. Specs" mean?  Is that the removal of the reciever?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
NOT AN AK!!

they lied. as much as i love cheaper than dirt, i wouldnt buy a parts kit from them. except maybe their PMKMS ones since theyre a decent price. everything else is overpriced.

that M56 is an open-bolt submachine gun, if you want to buil one go to www.weaponeer.net and go to the "specific weapon builds" and the thread about the M56. its a lot of work though.

if youre just getting into this, go to AIM surplus and get a romanian AKM kit, its a good deal.

the "cut to B.A.T.F. specifications" means that they legally cut up the reciever so its not a functioning gun right now. BATF(E)= long ass name for the ATF.

good luck, and welcome to the dark side
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That answers that, I knew it seemed too good to be true that I founds something with so little reseach hen
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the common wisdom is to use an AR15 FCG to make those run......I would love to have one, but I have too many other irons in the fire....
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top