Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:23:38 AM EDT
I bought a Century built Yugo underfolder. The Fire Control Group is either original, or provided by Century, not sure which.

I tried removing the selector lever today, and noticed there are some odd bits in there, and I cannot pivot the lever high enough to remove it. There is no notch cut on the selector bar (which contacts the trigger and prevents trigger movement when the safety is on) so that the selector bar can swing up past the trigger.

The only way I can get the parts to clear each other is to remove the pivot pin that connects the trigger to the receiver. To do that, I need to remove the shepard's hook. But...there is not the normal shepard's hook there. The shepard's hook in my rifle has one end wrapped around the selector lever, two or three winds around the end that seats into the receiver. To remove the hook, I need to slide the end of it off the end of the selector, which requires sliding the selector out of the receiver, which I cannot do.

So...I cannot remove the trigger pin, unless I bend the shepard's hook up and out of the groove in the trigger pin.

Any idea how I am to get the FCG out of the receiver?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
One option would be to ditch the shepards hook and replace it with 2 e-clips.  Red Star also makes a product that replaces the shepards hook.

That shepards hook is a pain in the ass

maybe this site will help www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcgremoval.htm
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It its on top of the trigger pin you should be able to lift it off enough to remove the pin. A very small screwdriver or a dental pick should work. They got it in there without bending it all up.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top