Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:52 PM EDT
Ok, so I'm building up two Romy kits, and a Yugo kit on tapco flats.  Is it possible to build the Yugo kit on the Tapco flats?  Could I just cut out the wider part and use the bottom two rivet holes?  Does this compromise the structural integrity?  If I couldn't just modifiy the reciever, could I modify the trunnion? Grind the wider part till it fits?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I cut out around the bulges, then screwed the lower 4 rivet holes, then welded up near the top rails to the trunion and up front by the lower screws.
Some people say my methods are not sound, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
looks good to me.  That was one of the things I was going to think about trying
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't it be easier and better looking to just buy a Yugo receiver? Or a no FFL needed 80% Yugo receiver?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wouldn't it be easier and better looking to just buy a Yugo receiver? Or a no FFL needed 80% Yugo receiver?

yeah probably, but I have 4 flats and 3 kits.  I figure why not use what I got.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The one in the pic is a Vida Rica (ar15plus.com) laser cut flat, but I've since built 2 more on Tapco flats.

I hate cutting and drilling all the shit you must do with a pre bent, so I say no to that.

I pretty much hate all my local FFLs so I won't buy anything that requires me talking to them.

So that left me with what I did. No, it isn't beutiful. No, it isn't historically correct. But it works and I have fun with it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The one in the pic is a Vida Rica (ar15plus.com) laser cut flat, but I've since built 2 more on Tapco flats.

I hate cutting and drilling all the shit you must do with a pre bent, so I say no to that.

I pretty much hate all my local FFLs so I won't buy anything that requires me talking to them.

So that left me with what I did. No, it isn't beutiful. No, it isn't historically correct. But it works and I have fun with it.

The point of these beat up Yugo kits is to make a cheap fun bullet-hose for around 200 bucks.  Not some acurate historical piece.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top