Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/20/2005 7:11:05 AM EDT
Well i have an AMD-65 kit im building into a pistol. I have the standered amd-65 rear trunion. I was going to cut off the buttstock and use JBweld to secure the tab peice that goes into that indent. Would this be a good solution. (i dont have access to a welder)

alright, and heres a pic of it mocked up.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
i wouldnt
im shure theres someone on here that would be willing to weld it for you
or you can just take it to about any muffler shop and they will weld it for like 5 bucks

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah thats what I did, filled the cracks with weld then sanded it smooth with a belt sander.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, one further question then. How do you go about putting a sling swivel on it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i used an extra from ar15 std. buttstock, mig welded it with loop vertical on left side. you could drill and tap the rear of trunion and use it's mounting hole to bolt it in any direction or let it swival.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
last 1 i did i drilled a hole all the way threw
then used a mikes swivel and put a nut on the back side
worked really well
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the middle of a AMD pistol build. What I did,is I sold my folder assembly and trunion for $45 on the EE, and bought a rear trunion with a removable swivel for $40!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm in the middle of a AMD pistol build. What I did,is I sold my folder assembly and trunion for $45 on the EE, and bought a rear trunion with a removable swivel for $40!!!

where did you get one for 40$?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i wouldnt
im shure theres someone on here that would be willing to weld it for you
or you can just take it to about any muffler shop and they will weld it for like 5 bucks

yea I have to go with socandyman. JB is not a weld its not even metal really and would not work well in that application. have someone weld it for ya ask around I'm sure someone can help you out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where did you get one for 40$?

Here
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top