Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:39:14 PM EDT
I have just acquired two Chinese underfolder stocks. I am looking for a little input into their installation. These will be for future use, but I wanted to get familier with them and have any missing parts on hand for when I am ready to use them. I know that the Chinese didn’t use rear trunnions and the 1.5mm receiver added the needed thickness so I might do these on the GT 1.6mm receivers. A few things really struck me as odd and it seems like there are a lot fewer parts on the Chinese pivot assembly. These were test fit using a Yugo rear trunnion from another kit.

First thing:
Do the Chinese lock when in forward position? Mine never did lock and went what looks like to far up.

Second thing:
I think this is normal, but look at the low angle when locked open.

Third thing:
This is how it went together, and worked. Is this correct for a Chinese?

Forth thing:
Also notice the hole for the pivot assy. lock pin. It is horizontal, every other UF I’ve ever seen, the pin went in vertical. This can’t see how this could be correct but has to be turned this way for the latch to slide with the pushbutton.

Fifth thing:
What is this part? Is it for the Chinese UF? It’s sure don’t fit anywhere I can find to put it.

Sixth thing:
Is this it. Is this a complete part set for the Chinese UF setup?

I appreciate all the info. I have never seen a Chinese setup and just wasn’t sure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The angle of the stock is correct.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
PM your way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The fith part is part of the stock. With the fith part and the parts in the last picture, you have a complete setup for a chinese UF - mine did have one extra pin though. I wish I had taken pictures when I installed mine.

Mine just has an angle cut reciever.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The fith part is part of the stock. With the fith part and the parts in the last picture, you have a complete setup for a chinese UF - mine did have one extra pin though. I wish I had taken pictures when I installed mine.

images.snapfish.com/3458276323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2337%3D79%3A%3D67%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323878358878ot1lsi

Mine just has an angle cut reciever.

Does yours lock when closed. Mine will now, but when a gun in installed (lol) it can't make it to lock position.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
At this point, all the mysteries of the Chine underfolder have been revealed unto me.

Now, where is the best place to buy replacement pins, springs and spring caps (bushbutton thing) then I will have them complete and ready for future use.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine locks when it is folded as well as retracted. I will try to post some picks tomorrow that may help you out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not know for sure but I think the #5 is suppoosed to go inside the receiver and kind of like a spacer.  It would not work using a trunion.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top