Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2005 7:26:38 AM EDT
I took them out and this summabitch still doesn't want to come off----any suggestions---I read a post about this a while back but can't find it---thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Take out the two screws, put the trunion in a vise, smack the stock with a mallet.

It is an AK afterall.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Remove the bolt carrier and use a socket extention to beat it out from the inside. It also helps sometimes to smack it with your palm at a 45 downward angle. Smack one side and then the other. Alternate smacking on the outside and pounding from the inside.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
the romy rear tang has a nice big hole in it that makes a great place to stick a prybar, the stock comes out easily that way.  or if it is a kit, just grind the rivets off and take it out the stock after you peel the stub open
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've found that grinding the rivets down and bending the sides free will let the stock loose. Appearently, the stock is REALLY tight fit.

Before I just popped the sides off the rivets, I tried banging the receiver stub with a deadblow and a ballpeen hammer. The prybar method didn't work either, and cost me a screwdriver.

John
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
grind the rivets off then peel the receiver off.

if you pry and pound, there's a good chance you're damage the stock.

Caspian
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
i did mine like Caspian45 said and had good results
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top