Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/17/2005 2:34:12 PM EDT
I tried my best using (and shattering) drill bits and ground down phillips head bits and was forced to drill out the barrel pin.  I got the barrel out, but now need to track down a pin.  Where do i get a pin or what is a suitable replacement?

Thanks
Caspian
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
K-Var and Global Trades has them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
crap, that's what i was afraid of.  my $89 kit is going to turn into a $120+ kit.  Any DIY remidies?  Snug drill bit equivalent or anything like that?

caspian
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if it's any help, the barrel pins are 7mm in diameter.  Maybe you can find a metal rod with the same diameter and use that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the measurment.  Once i figure out a substitute, i'll post the info so others don't have to do the R&D.

thanks again
caspian
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Mcmaster has a 4 foot, 7mm drill rod for a few bucks.  Well worth it, IMHO

SRM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I lost a pin from a Romanian kit and just used a cut-off drill bit. Don't remember what size. Just measure it with your calipers, cut it to length and drive it in.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top