Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/17/2005 6:48:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No problem as long as the trunion holes were just threaded and not drilled to a larger diameter than original.  When the rivet gets crushed it actually bites nicely into the threads.  SangRun Hunter had a post related to this over on Gunco.net.  I did the rivet build after tapping the front trunion holes on my Rommy build, only been shot about 500 times but all seems tight.  As a side note, I F'd up a receiver and got a chance to remove a full set of rivets I had pressed in with the bolt cutter method.  They were all as much of a pain as the ones were when I was removing the cut receiver sections from the kit!  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top