Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:00:38 PM EDT
In a weak moment, I just bought a 5.45 barrel and bolt group.

I have a straggler trunion that I think is off a 74, but not sure. It has a wierd bullet guide, looks like a little bullet type... see pic below.
I have only built up 47s so far, and don't know the diff between some of the parts.

Also, will a 74 barrel take a 47 front site, gas block, and handguard retainer??

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
the bullet guide looks like the lip on my -74 magazines so it could be a -74 trunnion.

It would be helpful to see the serial number data on the left side of the trunnion.  Near the serial number one can find a manufacturer's trademark (I know it's the combloc and they hated advertising).

That would give a clue as to its origin and model.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
id say its bulgi ak74 and if you look on the side it should have the circle 10
but why guess just measure it
22mm=74
23mm=47

as for the barrel parts need alittle more info than given

hope this helps ya
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
id say its bulgi ak74 and if you look on the side it should have the circle 10
but why guess just measure it
22mm=74
23mm=47

as for the barrel parts need alittle more info than given

hope this helps ya

Yep, 22 mm. and circle 10. And...if I recall correctly, I bought it from you with a bunch of other stuff...
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top