Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 8:47:27 PM EDT
Anyone know where there are palns on the net to build these?  I suspect they would be alot differnet to the M1 Carbine kits, or the 10/22 kits out there.  I would like the plans.  www.gatlingguns has then listed, but out of stock for a loong time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have thought of doing that, but maybe with SKS's instead of AK's (a lot cheaper).  Rig a dual mount and use linked BMF or GAT cranks.

I have done it with MG42/22's (Ruger 10/22'w with MG42 dress up stocks).  Just takes some thinking and tinkering:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmm.....  You use the Gat trigger dohicker that has a crank?  How did you link the two together?  THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING!!!!  I was certain noone would.  Thanks!  You have me thinking now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I used BMF Activators.  I used a piece of threaded rod (10-32, I think) to link them.  The inside parts where the handles connect have tiny holes drilled through them and the rod.  2 cotter pins keep the threaded rod from turning inside the BMF.  (Not completely my idea, this was written up in a `95 copy of SAR)

I'm lookin at my GAT right now, and I see no reason the same thing wouldn't work.

I've been kicking around the idea of using a couple of SKS's, or build some AK's custom for a twin gun.  That will have to be later.  I have half a dozen projects first.

The receiver for my SBR Krink build came in Saturday :-)

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#4]
you guys are using the wrong guns...

I still have a way to go to finish my project..  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats Awsome!!!  How much will you have in that baby when you are finished?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Close to $2000.00  not counting the ton of ammo it will shoot...

I can build a 1919  from a good kit for less that $750.00
plus the cost of 2 crank fires @ 200.00 each   the mounts are home built using material I already had on hand..

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I've had a SA M1919 for a while.  The problem with twin 1919's (IMHO) is the spacing between the guns.  My twins above are 7" (center of barrel to center of barrel) apart.  You couldn't do that with a 1919 and an M37, let alone two 1919's.

Besides, with an M1919 and a crank, rate of fire really isn't an issue.

I've been playing with the 1919 spade grips and AA sights I'm making this weekend.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top