Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:14:36 AM EDT
Just got my first two kits in the mail yesterday.  They are Romanian kits.  What does the big Red "G" mean?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a big long thread on it somewhere.  They were de-activated training rifles that were re-activated and the G indicated they were live weapons again.  That's why so many are unfired; they weren't capable of firing in their first life.

Found it
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7835
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the thread link I'll check it out!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to disagree, but I recently read a post where the G was a marking from the Romanian Guard, equivilent of the ROTC. It was a program that taught kids and young adults how to use the weapons. They were only semi auto, and rarely used much, which accounts for the good condition. If I can locate the thread, Ill post a link.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top