Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 9:32:49 AM EDT
I was ready to buy a gas block with a bayonet lug on there when I noticed the dimensions on the current gas block.   This is a Romanian Intrac model with the appropriate amount of U.S. parts.

The gas block looks like it never was cut in order to make the "ears" for the lug.  It is 1/2 inch wide.

Instead of buying another gas block could I just take measurement from the kit I'm going to buy and dremmel this into the appropriate shape?

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I finally got the pics the right size.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as you have enough "meat" under the cleaning rod then I say "go for it".  You were considering buying a new gas block anyway, so if you screw it up then just go ahead and get your new piece.  I personally wouldn't hesitate to hack away at any of my AKs with a dremel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
spoken with grace and gusto!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As long as you have enough "meat" under the cleaning rod then I say "go for it".  You were considering buying a new gas block anyway, so if you screw it up then just go ahead and get your new piece.  I personally wouldn't hesitate to hack away at any of my AKs with a dremel.

What is the width of the bayonet lug "ears"?  Is it 1/2 inch?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I measure .472" on one of my Romanians.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I measure .472" on one of my Romanians.

The .472 is it the measurement where it has been ground or are you talking about the width of the bayonet ears.  My question is basically what is the width I need to achieve where I'll be doing the grinding.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
.472 is the ears.  The narrow part is .355.  The thickness of the wide part is .115.  If you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
.472 is the ears.  The narrow part is .355.  The thickness of the wide part is .115.  If you know what I mean.

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top