Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/5/2005 7:54:26 AM EDT
I was wondering if any of you guys got a refurbished AK 74 sidefolder kit from Ohio Rapid Fire.  I was thinking about getting one but wanted to see if it was worth the extra $100 to get an exec/new condition one.

If you also have any pics of GT 1.0mm 5.45 receivers that's been finished that would be great too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased one of the refurb kits before they included the rear trunnion for the side folder.  It is what it is, "refurbed".  Bore is good and shiny but I will have to be refinish my kit.  I also had an issue with a part on my kit but Todd took care of it right away.  
BTW I have been waiting for a GT 5.45 receiver for 2.5 months and still waiting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had mine ordered since the 23rd of Nov.I guess there sorting them all before shipping any.??? I did pick up a parked GT 5.45 reciever this weekend at the gun show,cost was $85.00+tax and  he thru in a new E.G mag pouch.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately I can't help you with the refurbished kits, but I'm very happy with the "new" kit I putrchased from them. Speedy delivery and excellent packaging. Of course I ordered mine before they started including the rear trunion. I odered one from Florida Gun Works two months ago, still haven't received anything. Has anyone else had this same problem?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to Ripoff.com or google for Florida Gunworks. I did AFTER they charged my CC.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My ORF Bulgy AK-74 referb kit is supposed to ship tomorrow. Will post some pics when it shows!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine shipped today.  I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I filed fraud charges through my CC company with Florida Gun Works and should be getting my money back shortly. Does any one know where I can get a Bulgy side folding trunion?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top