Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:24:41 AM EDT
I've been an AR nut since day 1, then all of a sudden this weekend something knocked loose and I got pissed off royally at this whole barrel ban thing.

... So... 3 romanian AK kits, 1 Polish AKM parkerized underfolder kit, and 1 Hungarian SA-85 kit later...

we have a very dead me.... well.. soon to be

Closest thing I've done to a build was taking a partial Bulgarian AK74 build from Jnew and finishing it up.

These kits are addicting. I just wish I had enough money. Now I just gotta figure out how to rivet the damn things and I'll be in business
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Boy you sure know how to piss someone off with style
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing like going out in style !
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Well atleast you are doing it the right way. Get all the yelling done in one shot rather than me who gets a stern look everytime a box shows up at the door. What I have found to be helpfull in a weaker ass chewing is buying flowers the day the box is suppose to show up. Doesnt get me out of trouble but saves hours on what could be a long talking.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell  Her Aliens made you do it Its been NICE knowing YOU , your so Dead if she's at home when the brown chrismas truck pulls up lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell her not to look because it will ruin the christmas suprise
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tell her not to look because it will ruin the christmas suprise

now that is good
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, it is still cheaper then Golf

However, now that I have about 18 kits in my basement I think golf might have been cheaper
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck with that...

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get a P.O. box fairly cheaply, either at the post office, or one of those mailboxes USA places. Many small photo copy/print shops also have mailbox service. Mine is $10 a month or so, and they will sign for anything that is delivered to me. Its much easier to pickup a package elsewhere and then sneak it into the house later. Ive had boxes sitting in my car trunk for days just waiting for the right moment to sneak it into the house.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Tell her that you have this lame ass friend that is afraid of his wife and she won't let him buy anything cool, so you felt so bad for him that you let him ship something to your house so he would'nt get into trouble(you know, how good a person you are).  This is of course followed by- I sure am glad Im with you, because I know you would never be that way.  Have a good hiding space for all those parts.  

P.S.  Don't get caught working on seven separate AK kits at one time like I did!  She will begin to figure things out at that point, and then .  Just kidding, my wife is used to my game.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"So.. what do I tell the girlfriend when the UPS man arrives?"

Just tell her the truth.  If she doesn't like it, tell her to hit the road.  

Trust me.....you will thank me years from now for that tidbit of advice.

I tell my wife.....

"I had guns when I met you, I had guns when I married you, and I will have guns when I divorce you."

Best advice yet

And she already knows...  It's just fun to hear the responses on how people hide this from their SO's lol .... Well she knows about 4 of the 5...lol

I showed her the letter from the ATF banning the barrels and after that she fully understood why I was buying them. She did say I couldn't build them all at once or she'd kick my ass. "You have to spread them out a bit and make them last a while..."
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Post a pic of the girl, I just want to know what she looks like in case I run across her and she needs comfort because of all the money her boyfriend spends on stupid guns.....its a dirty job, but someone has to be there for her!!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
She's JUST your fucking GF and she allready keeps your balls in a jar under the bed? Tell her to blow you or fuck off! Women need to learn who wears the BDUs in the familia!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She's JUST your fucking GF and she allready keeps your balls in a jar under the bed?her

Who wears the BDU's in the familia?  That wouldn't work with me, she's got a year TIS and a stripe over me!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
She's JUST your fucking GF and she allready keeps your balls in a jar under the bed? Tell her to blow you or fuck off! Women need to learn who wears the BDUs in the familia!

Jeez...don't hold back...tell him what you really think!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTOH- If you're ducking and jabbing with the GF now...marriage is really gonna suck. Fix any problems now, or you'll forever fight an uphill battle. Do what I did. Find a gal who'll buy you a Pre-ban HB during the height of the ban...AS A WEDDING GIFT!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

LOL....

read my post above before you have a heart attack...

My girl fully supports my hobby AS LONG as I can afford what I'm buying. She doesn't like to see me go into debt over it.

Had the deal of a lifetime on an ACOG TA01NSN a while back and she pitched in 200$ just so I didn't have to put money on the CC. We trade the thing between mine and her AR. She built hers, and it's red .

The point of my original topic was merely a joke.. for laughs.. shits and giggles lol..
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....

read my post above before you have a heart attack...

My girl fully supports my hobby AS LONG as I can afford what I'm buying. She doesn't like to see me go into debt over it.

Had the deal of a lifetime on an ACOG TA01NSN a while back and she pitched in 200$ just so I didn't have to put money on the CC. We trade the thing between mine and her AR. She built hers, and it's red .

The point of my original topic was merely a joke.. for laughs.. shits and giggles lol..

Sorry man! I'm just saying I guees in my life it's nobodys business what I do or spend my money on. Yea, I knew the whole thing was in jest, I just took the oppertunity to vent a little.

I knew a guy who died a while back, his wife had to hire an auction company to sell everything he left behind, she found out he owned an AIR PORT! She said she kinda remembered him talking about an air port somewhere, she'd never even been there. I thought to myself "man, that's kinda cool".
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Girlfriend and not your wife??? I'd flat tell her to mind her own damn business. My WIFE doesn't even give me any flak about what I buy...
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Take your punishment like a man.  Remember, the only way out of the dog house is to screw yourself out!!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#22]

ya just stare right into her eyes and say...

How many damn pairs of shoes do you own!

IME, shuts em up every time.

They usually have more $$$ into shoes than you have in guns.

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I tell my wife.....

"I had guns when I met you, I had guns when I married you, and I will have guns when I divorce you."

Thats a very true statement!!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder if half the members actually tell their wives or girlfriends the things they say they do on this board?

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wonder if half the members actually tell their wives or girlfriends the things they say they do on this board?

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You think half the members here actually have a wife or GF?  

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Use Stickman's Shoe Logic.  Tell her that you bought the kits that will eventually be turned into full AK rifles.  The Rifles prebuilt would cost $3000 but you bought the kits for $800 and saved so much money.  She has to see the logic in that- she's a girl.

These kits are ADDICTIVE not ADDICTING.  Nothing is ADDICTING so quit saying it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#28]
What would I tell her... I would say ... Honey she is just here to deliver my new AK parts kits.  Honest.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/306408.jpg
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#29]
"Hold for Pickup" at the UPS facility.  
for when discretion is prefered for maintaining healthy relationships.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]
easy solution!

When the kits arrive, lay them all out with pictures of what the final builds will look like, and say:

"Pick one for yourself, and I'll build it for you!"

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What would I tell her... I would say ... Honey she is just here to deliver my new AK parts kits.  Honest.

www.hunt101.com/img/306408.jpg

Man who cares about packages if that came to the door.... dayyumm..
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I tell my wife.....

A Man After MY Way Of Thinking

And I Still Have All My Weapons Just Ask Any Of My 3 Ex Wives

John
FFL/SOT2
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Tell her the U.N. is going to invade and you need guns to defend your self. Or they are for thr "Revolution". Then when she tells you that your nuts, find a new one. (or just ship them to work)
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I tell my wife "I got some new toys" and she says "that's nice". If you catch a bunch of shit than I suggest you get a new girl friend and do not marry her!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Got my kits today... still alive after having 40 lbs of AK parts delivered to the front door.

She even helped me inspect, clean, and repackage them for storage. The SA-85 kit arrives on monday. Can't wait to see that one. Excellent ++ grade kit.

I think I might give in and order another Romy. "They're addicting!"

PS:: that last quoted bit was for the grammar nazi in the thread...
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Got my kits today... still alive after having 40 lbs of AK parts delivered to the front door.

She even helped me inspect, clean, and repackage them for storage. The SA-85 kit arrives on monday. Can't wait to see that one. Excellent ++ grade kit.

I think I might give in and order another Romy. "They're addicting!"

PS:: that last quoted bit was for the grammar nazi in the thread...

Sounds like a keeper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I tell my wife.....

same here but i also added in motorcycles. she does not question just made a deal about keeping them locked up except for the one i keep by the bed at night.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey, she has been at my house too:

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top