Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2005 1:27:58 AM EDT
well i have been waiting to build this thing correct.  With the true RPK frame. yet nobody seems to have them do you think it will be naytime soon?  Or should I get an 80% and just do it really slowly?  This is since I have no acces to a mill.  I do have a good drill press though. 3 years and a pile of parts is getting old.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
These guys are getting pretty close. You could pick up a Saiga and strip it.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Jim,

I would go for it with a 80% blank. Check out www.ak-47.org, he has some very nice blanks. I've used his stuff before and it works well. I've finished mine with a drill press and a dremel.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a BentMetal blank, paper template, and a vertical mill.....

Link Posted: 10/21/2005 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait on Harlen, thats what I doing. After using their Yugo receiver and it's fabulous!
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used a BentMetal blank, paper template, and a vertical mill.....

www.g3pb.com/rpk_new.jpg

Look's good!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok I decided to sell my RPK parts kit.  What is a fair price on a Romy kit non matching with a good bore and bad finish (no pitting or rust just little remaining finish)?  I found out my wife is Pregnant so time to say goodbye to half finished projects.  But I do have her blessing to buy a rifle for my child.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok I decided to sell my RPK parts kit.  What is a fair price on a Romy kit non matching with a good bore and bad finish (no pitting or rust just little remaining finish)?  I found out my wife is Pregnant so time to say goodbye to half finished projects.  But I do have her blessing to buy a rifle for my child.

If I were you I would hoard every kit you could get your hands on, and as many of the parts to complete them, and then put them away...

With the kid on the way, you can kiss kit money away to diapers and formula for the next few years.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top