Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:25:55 PM EDT
I saw a barrel install press the other day on a site and didn't mark it, so now I can't find it. You clamp the receiver in steel plates that index off the rivits, there are long steel rods extending to the front with a steel plate on the end of the rods, and a middle rod in the center of that plate that screws down onto the barrel end and pushes the barrel into the trunnion. It has very fine adjustment and you can headspace while pressing the barrel, so it's very accurate.  Does anyone know where I can find this site again?

OJF
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Several months ago a gunsmith posted pictures of one that he made that looked like you described.  That was the last I heard of it.  Sorry, cant even remember which board it was on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ak builder.com?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No, that's not the one.

OJF
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top