Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:18:08 PM EDT
I've got a Romainian AK that shoots well enuf,  but I cant flippin stand the rear sight on the thing,  so I don't take it out as mutch as I should.have
THANX ALL!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
There is always the Mojo sight.    I have never used one, so can't give any insight on the quality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked a friends Romanian this weekend that had a Williams rear aperature sight on it. Looked good and the price is about 1/2 what the Mojo is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same problem with the standard AK sight.  I tried replacing the rear sight on my SLR 95 with a peep sight.  It was easier to shoot, but I got no better (even a little worse) accuracy.  Then I put a peep sight on the rear where it belongs and presto, it is like shooting an AR.  My group sizes dropped by half and it is much easier to shoot.  The problem is that I havent found a source for rear peep sights.  Mine is a Krebs that I got second hand.  The last time I checked Krebs wasnt offering them anymore.

There is one other thing that may help.  My Saigas are a little easier to shoot than my military AKs.  The main difference is that the rear sight notch is wider.  The other difference is that the full length sporter style stock makes it easier to get a good cheek weld.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top