Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2005 7:04:06 PM EDT
Were can i get them for a 7.62 X 39 I been looking but no luck I found one but it was about 42.00 dollars for a No-go I thinkl that is too expensivehe
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has them for around $30 each.
Understand that using ammo to check headspace doesn't work...well almost. If you can chamber a live round, the you have figured out that the headspace is not too short. You have NOT figured out if the headspace is too long...and this is critical.

Now if you understand the principles of measurement and the specs of an AK chamber, and add shims to the back of your live rounds, and can measure things to the sub 1/1000 of an inch, then you might be able to do a fair at best job at checking headspace with ammo, shims, and calipers.

Or, for a measly $30, you can check it correctly and save the money and hassle of potentially blowing your hands, face, etc. off.

No flame here, believe me we all hate needing a special tool that we don't have for a step that may be totally not needed...but look at the risk involved...

Good luck!

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]

No flame here,

you are not Flaming Dude!!  Thanks for the info I will pay 30 instead of 40 buck for a peace of "metal" if you know what I mean Thanks for answering the question
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top