Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:44:02 AM EDT
Having a Romanian AKM built and a Polish Tantal built. I'm getting all my parts in line to send off to Glen Riddle/Magnum Gunsmithing.

I'm having them built on a Armory USA/Global Trades type 2 1.0mm receiver. Do I order single hook or double hook FCG or does it matter?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The way I understand it, the double hook trigger was a safety feature which wasn't actually necessary. That said, a Tapco double hook trigger is pretty smooth. The contact area on the hammer is twice that of the single hook, that can be good or bad depending on how clean it is. All this said to say that its just an AK, if the receiver is cut for a single hook, use a single hook, if its got a double cut, just use a double, it isn't really going to matter ever.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The Global 1.0mm has the cut out for the double hook which means you can use either the single or the double.  All things being equal, I'd get the double hook.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Double hook is alot easier on the trigger finger.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a AK with both Single and Double Hooks and they felt the same to me! Very Light compared to other Military Triggers.

BTW how are you doing Kevin?

Ant
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm good Anthony. Spending WAY to much cash on AK's but other than that real good :)

How's your dad doing? I hope all is well with the family.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Dissassembly is easier with a single hook trigger.  With a double hook, you may have to remove the buttstock to get the selector to be able to rotate all the way around (push down and pull out on the selector, and go around clockwise until the selector will come out.) where as with a single hook trigger, you just rotate the selector counterclockwise to the 12 oclock position and it comes out.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top