Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:39:46 AM EDT
I am just about finished with my first build, but when I install the Tapco single hook trigger and disconnector and pull the bolt back to cock, the disconnector locks over the hammer and it won't release. I put the original trigger and disconnector in and it works fine, like I said, this is my first build and I am completely new to AK's. Any help will be appreciated. TIA
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you remember to put in the small tube that the G2 set uses to hold the trigger and disconnector together?  

Does it still do this with the safety removed?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh! That's what that small tube is for. Let me try that. I'll get back. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Now it works, Just what does the disconnector do, anything? It don't hold the hammer or touch anything. It looks to me like you could just us the tube and trigger without the disconnector. Being the newbie that I am, and only 3 parts for the FCG, I just don't grasp what the disconnector does. I've never had, held or shot, or know anyone with a AK. Thanks
PS I count on you guys on this board, again Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now it works, Just what does the disconnector do, anything? It don't hold the hammer or touch anything. It looks to me like you could just us the tube and trigger without the disconnector. Being the newbie that I am, and only 3 parts for the FCG, I just don't grasp what the disconnector does. I've never had, held or shot, or know anyone with a AK. Thanks
PS I count on you guys on this board, again Thanks.

Keeps the hammer back from slamming back home when the trigger is in the pulled position.  Pull the trigger and cock the hammer by hand.  You'll see the disconnector grabs onto the hammer and keeps it back.  Release the trigger and the hammer falls into the hooks of the trigger.  Take it out and you've got yourself a bomb instead of an AK.  Well, I'm not sure if it would slamfire or not, or if you could get a visit from the Feds, but don't even try it.   (I know it was just hypothetical).
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I see it now, thanks for the explaination. It was so simple, but I just didn't see it. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
without the disconnector the hammer will follow the bolt to lock up, it will essentially be a bolt action rifle that has to be cocked each time it's fired, although it will eject a live round when cocked.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top