Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2005 2:33:49 AM EDT
I am looking at building my first AK and have three questions:

1. Is it easier to start with a prebent flat that needs holes drilled in it and heat treating (that’s all it needs right) or get a predrilled flat and bend it myself? The flat route seems to be harder compared to just having to drill holes – is true.

2. Who has good quality kits for an AK in 7.62 x 39, most of the ones I have seen have dark bores or are very expensive, like 300+. I am looking for a kit with the best bore I can get, if the external finish has gotten scratched up ok, I can fix that. I am looking for a carried a lot, shot a little type of kit (I dont know if these even exist).

3. Should I use screws or rivets in my build.

I have done searches and some reading and would like to know what you guys here think?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only built one AK and that was on a flat. It's not hard to bend a flat. dpharms has Romy kits for $120 I think.  Screws or rivets? I won't touch that question.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
you can get everything you pretty much need from DPH Arms

DPH ARMS
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
My first build was a screw job.

Every one since a rivet job all the way. It's way cooler, I think much stronger (debatable though), and is the way the guns were designed to be assembled.

Get the tools, or find someone to help you with the tools would be my suggestion.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top