Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:47:33 PM EDT
This will be My first post well I bought 2 yugo kits from Center*ire.com one foldable and one fix know the problem is the Receivers were can I buy them I been reading some of the treads look in to the receivers form Harlan they look beautiful but They will come out to 160 Each including FFL, tax, shipping and receiver.  I also  look into another site they sell the Bent "Tube" but How I will know to drill the holes are there any plans available???  I will really appreciate any help

PS I'm also Building 2 Romy and 2 Sumy
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you itemize who is getting the $90 on top of the receiver price of $70 shipped?
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
2 Sumy

What is this?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
the FFl dealers on my area 35 +5+Tax on each receiver it will around 120 to 125 Each  one of the ffl told me there was another charge but he could not tell me how much it was!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the FFl dealers on my area 35 +5+Tax on each receiver it will around 120 to 125 Each  one of the ffl told me there was another charge but he could not tell me how much it was!!!

You need to find another Dealer.
That guy is thief.
I mean it.

ETA: Go to GunBroker.com   Click the "tools for Buyers" button, scroll down to "find a Dealer", type in your  ZIP code and you'll have some Honest Dealers to pick from.
Ditto for AuctionArms.com      
You don't have to sign up to use these.

P.S. Welcome to the DarkSide
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank BulletBait  I will be doing that and Thanks for the welcomeh.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 Sumy

What is this?

Answer the question.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 Sumy

What is this?

Answer the question.

Sumy------short for Suomi

go see kit HERE
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
personaly, for the standard builds, (romy, etc) I like the receivers form www.globaltrades.com

YOu can get them parkerized for only $65 + ffl fee

The suomi has a nice drum. There are some semiauto parts, receivers, etc  for sale too... bonus...

I have seen an 80%, and oyu can use AK or AR trigger gorups, for a legal semi auto.

the drums are very very nice. REad up on them, best in WW2 I do beleive.

EDIT, suddenly, a thought comes to my brain. The 74 bolt head is the correct size.. one could use it by drilling a hole in the original bolt, and droping the bolt head in there. Then use a AK TG.  Just a thought. And you will need to weld a block in there, so a standard open bolt can't be used. AKA, a regular full auto bolt can't fit. and send plans to the alphabet boys before oyu build, to make sure they like it. end of disclaimer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Where the heck can I get closed bolt SA parts for the Suomi?

Does the poster realize the suomi is an open bolt design?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry super_mans_man Suomi Kits sorry I did not see your post also if you are looking for a place they sell the receivers for the suomi her http://www.prexis.com/sten/39.htm and http://www.southern.trading.freehomepage.com/custom4.html this place is cheaper just remenber that  The Soumi 31 is a machine gun and it is aganist federal law to make a machine gun unless u make it semi-auto
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#11]
for that matter, I can see using AK74 bolt heads to build semi auto anything 9mm subgun--->semi auto.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top