Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2005 2:24:42 PM EDT
<----POST # 47, YEE HA!href=this kit & then installing this stock, then cutting/grinding off the bayonet lug and fileing off the barrel threads at the muzzle?

Would that be how you say "LEGAL"?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't go neutering a Tantal.  Double stacks can't be imported, which is why Century mills out the single stack WASRs to be double stack.  Once they're in the country, they're in.

Get that kit, get enough US parts to be 922r compliant, and call it a day.  No need to neuter it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
So your saying that I can have a double stack AK if it is in America, but the ATF won't let it in, but if it is here it is okay? I don't want to molest the AK with impure things, but I don't want to break the law ether.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Same thing with them not allowing barrels to be imported anymore.  Importation will be stopped, but if they're in, they're in.  

One of the reasons the WASR has a bad name among aficionados is because Century themselves converted it to double stack (and added enough US parts to make it 922r compliant).  They swapped out the original Romanian trigger for the "Century trigger" which sometimes/eventually leads to trigger slap.  This all happened after it was imported from Romania as a single stack rifle.  The SAR-1's came double stack, so it's not an issue.

You're also not going to find a single stack receiver built in the US.  All receivers (and flats) I've seen are double stack.  

Again, get a double stack receiver (every receiver will be), make it 922r compliant, and keep that bayonet lug and threaded muzzle intact (unless your state has it's own ban).  Hopefully someone else will drop in here to back me up...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
OK    so I went toi joeken.com, they have many compliance parts wich combination is best? centiry sure would be the edconomically viable option.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK    so I went toi joeken.com, they have many compliance parts wich combination is best? centiry sure would be the edconomically viable option.

Dude, don't go to Jokin'.

PM me if you need some help figuring out compliance parts on the cheap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
DPH Arms has the Century compliance set you're looking for.  Don't deal with those jokers at Joeken when you have a place like DPH.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Stay the fuck away from JoeKen.  I don't care how good their deals look, odds are you're going to get burned.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top