Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:02:23 AM EDT
I was fighting with the headspace of my AMD-65 kit last night and I decided I need to make some type of handle or knob for the pressure relief nut on my jack...  Fighting with that handle just got to me last night...

Has anybody looked to see what would work?

I figure I will get some measurements and head down to the hardware and see if I can find some type of handle that I can fit to the jack...  I must not be the only person that has got tired of fighting with that stupid handle and this way I can just keep the jack handle where it belongs as well...

At worst I will find a short piece of hollow stock and make a handle for just this job...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang!!!!  That's a great idea.  I hate the little "T" screw.  Putting a knob on it would be moosemeat!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm with you on that. i have an old tap holder tool that just might fit right on there
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from shopping...  I got a handle that looks like the perfect solution..  I will upload a pic in a minute after I see if it works...  

I'll be back!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow is that great...  I spent $7 for a 2-pack (Now I need to buy a "C" press somewhere and it took about five minutes to install...

Check out my "H" handled "H-Press"

Here are the details:

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=550
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top